These are our 4 pillars of pain-relief done in sequence. Why this order ? Well, the joints need to be warmed up for activity (decompressed, ship in nutrition, lubricated for impact) and the slate cleaned of pain in the inner layer. You’ll accelerate your results and focus on the exact movements you require.
After exercise, you’ll decompress the next ‘layer’ of outer fascia. You know this as stretching. Now that you’ve stretched the fascia, you want to pulp it like a fruit with foam rolling to keep its extended length. I recommend a ball or log roller. Finally, self-vibrate the muscles to shake off any excess tension during rounds of exercise or afterwards. I will delve more into each pillar in the coming weeks.
1. Joint Mobility
2. Stretching/Myofascial Release
3. Foam Rolling
My routine is the following, whether it be in one workout or over a period of several days:
1. Joint Mobility – “Unbinding” (video coming soon), daily or “Resilient” for stubborn injuries
2. Stretching/Myofascial Release – “Ageless Mobility” 1x/week
3. Foam Rolling – (video coming soon)
4. Self-Vibration – “R.E.S.E.T./Fast & Loose” between sets or at end #2, #3, #4
For exercise, I place a premium on low-rep strength, which is the foundation for all else including, endurance and cardio. What is endurance, but strength over a period of time?
Plus, low-rep strength doesn’t get enough limelight because of the obsession over sissy, high-rep, mainstream stuff. I find that a balanced and strong body (not necessarily big muscles) is more resilient to injuries and pain. By balanced, I mean if you press a lot, you must pull a lot to ensure you develop the appropriate movements, muscles. Here is a summarized list of workouts with a focus on strength:
- 3-5 Method for Special Weapons & Tactics Teams
- Total Strength & Conditioning Package
- Greasing the Groove for the Fighting Man
- Marine Force Recon Workout
- Kettlebell Training for Rucksack Marching
- Bodyweight Drills for Strength & Cardio
- Kettlebell Ladder Swing Routine
- Simple & Sinister Swing Volume Variability
- If You Don’t Have Heavier Kettlebells Yet
- Ladder Method for Bodyweight Pull-Ups
- Weighted Pull-Up Methods
Enjoy this post? Share it with your friends.